This course delivers annual Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training required by CMS that outlines what FWA is, regulations that govern it, how to detect and report it, as well as individual roles and responsibilities related to FWA. This training assists Medicare Part C and Part D Sponsors’ employees, governing body members, and their first-tier, downstream, and related entities (FDRs) in satisfying their annual FWA training requirements in the regulations and sub-regulatory guidance.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Recognize FWA in the Medicare Program.
- Identify the major laws and regulations pertaining to FWA.
- Recognize potential consequences and penalties associated with violations.
- Identify methods of preventing FWA.
- Understand how to report FWA.
- Recognize how to correct FWA.