Senior Consultant Part D Pharmacist
Responsible for providing subject matter expertise on Medicare Part D in order to effectively support our clients.
- Experienced Pharmacist with active license.
- Subject matter expertise in Medicare Part D claims administration including experience in reviewing denied claims for appropriateness.
- Ability to review, interpret and implement state and federal guidance
- Perform CMS mock audits in CDAG and FA to confirm compliance with guidance.
- Monitors the implementation of the corrective action plans and ensures that the result of the action plans are compliant.
- Mentor and drive work product based on the project
- Oversee and administer ongoing monitoring program(s) based on guidance
- Updates policies, procedures and Audit Work Plan based as needed.
- Adhere to established corporate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties, as necessary, to meet corporate objectives
- Travel as required
- R.Ph or PharmD degree and a minimum of ten (10) years government, health care, pharmacy benefit management, compliance or quality profession (equivalent combination of education and experience considered.)
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills. Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required
- Extensive experience with Medicare Part D formulary administration, accurate claims adjudication and Prescription Drug Event (PDE) processing.
- Experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid standards required
- Advanced degree or certification in audit, pharmacy or compliance discipline preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Individual should be detail oriented with strong organization, prioritization and analytical skills with the ability to work independently.
- Must work well under tight timelines and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-growth environment.